Alright, I will give in to peer pressure (from needleroozer ) and actually post something today. Here are my reflections after about three weeks of summer with nothing hanging over my head...I'm ready for fall. I do better in a groove. I am more efficient when I have less free time. I get bored easily. I like structure. It has been a relaxing way to end the summer, but we are all excited about the fall.
1. It is so great having my sister-in-law and the kids home!! The kids absolutely can not get enough time together. The five of them play so well together and come up with the greatest games and plays and clubs and....you name it.
2. Tomorrow I go back to work and meet with families. Classes don't start until Sept. 11, but we have meetings and prep days this week and next. I'm looking forward to going back. I like my job.
3. Canning (and/or freezing) 150 (ish) quarts of peaches makes your back and feet sore, but it is amazing how three girls singing at the top of their lungs makes it more fun. They were making up peach-canning songs to the tune of Frosty the Snowman. Go figure!! The cousins have missed the annual peach-athon for the last two years so it was fun to have them back.
4. My mom, mother-in-law, two sister-in-laws (my brother's wife and my husband's sister), and my cousin took me out to lunch to celebrate getting my masters degree. I am blessed to not only enjoy both sides of my family, but that they like to be together as well.
5. We are enjoying the produce from the hard work of our garden! I'll have to take a picture of our pumpkins!! They are huge.
6. My reading has been as light as my schedule. Fun for a while, but I'm ready for something a bit more.
7. Seth starts soccer practice today.
8. Last night a young man called Danny out of the blue. This was a boy that Danny was a kind of big brother to about 10 years ago. He met him at church and really invested time into this boy. We have not heard from him in ages, but he called last night to tell Danny how influential he had been in his life. It was so amazingly sweet. Now granted, the boy still has spent a little time in jail but also had been in the military. We were so happy to hear from him. He told countless memories of things Danny had done or said that we barely remembered. It was a good reminder that an investment of self does pay dividends.
9. The kids go to Silverwood (amusement park) tomorrow with Danny. That should be fun.
10. Guess what is coming soon.......FOOTBALL!!
4 comments:
I love alliteration! Congrats on your master's degree and completing the peach-a-thon!
Lee (from the WTM board)
That is so cool about the young man Danny befriended. What a gift to hear the thanks after all these years.
Glad to see a post (like I should talk...)
Great blog!
Would love to have herd the peach- a-thon singing! That sounds like it was a ton of fun.
What a wonderful testimony about how Danny impacted a young mans life.....
and man oh man what we wouldn’t give for a trip to Silverwood!
Lisawa~ from WTM board
Well, I guess peer pressure *does* work! What a great post! You are such a grateful person- you are a great example for me!
Love that you are so looking forward to fall and that you have been enjoying your family.
Makes me feel a tad lonely, though!
Hugs,
LB
Post a Comment