Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thanks, Coach!!

We got the news today that Seth made the select soccer team, which means that Danny is done coaching (at least in an official capacity.) I find myself feeling very sentimental over the fact that the team that we have been working with over the past five years will be splitting up. Some of the boys have been playing since Kindergarten!
Danny has done such a great job coaching these boys. He is a coach who really knows how to maximize the potential of the players. I know that I am biased, but I feel like he has done an amazing job!! Out of eleven players on our team, nine tried out for select and all of them made it to the next level. I just wish we could have all stayed together on the same team!!
I'm not sure what Danny will do with the time no longer spent in scouting the teams we will be playing (yes, we scouted ten-year old's soccer games!) drawing up complicated line-ups, and debriefing the game all day Saturday.

We have had very supportive families and I'm pretty sure that we had the most parents/grandparents/friends on the sidelines of any team. I remember thinking when my kids were little that I was dreading the whole sports thing and giving up Saturdays to go to sporting events, but no one told me how FUN it is. We have looked forward to these games for five years, and we are looking forward to seeing what next season holds!!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats to Seth and to Danny, whose coaching has obviously benefitted his players! And thanks for the heads up, because I, too, worry a bit about sports saturdays in the future, and now I can just remind myself that they'll probably be fun.

Anonymous said...

The Hamilton's already miss everyone so much! Dan did a fantastic job and was absolutely the best coach for Ross these last 5 years. We really were blessed to have had such wonderful boys, parents, and grandparents on our team. Hopefully we'll be back on the field together next year!!! Cami

Followers