Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My kids...

are downstairs making their lunch. Instead of the normal silly-ness or bickering I hear them singing.....in harmony. It sounds so beautiful. They are learning this song in their music class and it is really pretty. (It's a Wonderful Thing to be Me) They are getting really good at holding their parts and it is just making me smile. The other day they asked me to play it on the piano and all 3 of us sang it together. My dream come true! This is normal for Annsley, but Seth is a little more hesitant to join in and share his gift. He actually has a very pretty, sweet boy voice.

Happy day, people!

4 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Yes! Isn't this just the best?! At our house, it is the Boy and I who sing all the time, but the Girl very rarely did until we took a voice class from her piano teacher last summer, and she discovered her voice. She has a sweet, clear soprano, that goes well with my alto and Boy's bass- can you believe my tiny, skinny Boy has a huge, deep voice? We are really loving rounds right now. I love all the music that abounds in this old farmhouse!
LB

Anonymous said...

It made me smile to read that too Mindy!!

Amy said...

YOu're make the rest of us homeschoolers look bad. I can hear one singing something from High School Musical in some kind of nasally falsetto and the other making sound effects for his Lego fighter ships. Stop it!

Anonymous said...

I just saw that today is your birthday (wtm boards)...wishing you a very happy Birthday!!!!!

Followers