Sunday, December 07, 2008

Best Christmas Pageant Ever

We just finished our three show run of Best Christmas Pageant Ever. The kids and I all had parts in the play. It was so much fun doing the show together!! This was Seth's first experience doing a play and he surprised us all with how much he enjoyed it. Seth was Elmer Hopkins, who usually plays Joseph in pageant, but doesn't want to do it. This is Seth saying, "I don't want to be a shepherd. Gladys Herdman hits too hard."












Here is Seth is his shepherd's costume.












Annsley played the part of MaryJane, who was the side-kick of the girl who usually plays Mary. She was also in the angel choir.

























I played Mrs. Clark, one of the gossipy church ladies who thought the pageant was going to be ruined by the Herdmans. We had a great time making our small parts fun by each of us developing our "character." My character wore bad Christmas sweaters and was always busy doing something Christmas-y. In this shot I'm saying, "Oh, that was no doll, Irma." Do you like the lovely decorations I am carrying?

























If you have never read this short book, you MUST read it before Christmas this year. It is a hilarious story about how the Herdmans (a family of wild and chaotic children) show up at church because they heard there was refreshments and end up being the main parts in the Christmas pageant. I have seen the play four or five different times and every time I am touched by the simple message that it shows. God sent his son to be born in a manger for every single one of us and that single event is still changing lives today!























































1 comment:

Dawn E said...

I read your blog in my reader, but I had to drop by to say I LOVE THIS BOOK. It is a part of our Christmas tradition, and I never make it through without crying. Great pictures! What a neat experience.

Followers