Friday, June 09, 2006

No more homework, no more books....

No more teacher's dirty looks. Oh, wait....I'm the teacher.

Today was our last day of classes at TEC. We still have conferences next week, but all the lesson plans are over for the year!! Woohoo!!

I told Annsley that she is now officially a 4th grader and Seth is officially a 2nd grader. They thought that was really cool. They had a year book at school this year, and the kids were so cute having people sign them. They had *me* sign their yearbooks! :-) Yesterday, they had a school variety show. Seth played the piano and Annsley and a friend did a scene from Taming of the Shrew. It was so cute. She also did a Readers Theater and played a song on the recorder with her music class. She was in her element! I just love the experiences and classes that they get at TEC. It is such a perfect fit for our family.

I don't have the total weight off my shoulders because I still have several obligations that will be following me through the summer, but at least I will have more time to do them all.

Next week our home "summer school" starts. We will be dropping a couple of subjects, reading more, and enjoying our extra two days a week.

Happy Summer, everyone (Will someone give the sun the message that school is out?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Do you have time for a deep breath before summer school starts?

You're supposed to be drinking mai tai's on the deck this time of year! :)

Followers