Today is Danny's birthday. Thus begins the first day of the last year that he will be in his 30s!!
We met when we were 18, and we have long-since crossed the bridge of having know each other for longer than we didn't know each other. Yet, we still look at each other sometimes and wonder how we got *here*! We are married, parents, responsible adults? Aren't we those college kids writing notes in Calculus class?
I have posted many times before about Danny and what a great father and husband he is. But, today I want to say it again!! 21 years ago he drew me in with his questions and theories, his laugh and his leadership. Today, he still makes me laugh. He still questions everything and comes up with new theories about life, society, and God. Sometimes they make me laugh and sometimes they make me cry, but they always make me think!
He is quick to apologize when he is in the wrong. He likes to be with his family and would choose being with the kids and me over anything else. He has high standards for himself and those around him. He spends time every night with the kids, teaching them, reading to them, playing games with them, and even (much to his chagrin) wrestling with them. We make a great team.
Words don't mean that much to him, but I want him to know how much I appreciate all he does!!
I love you, Danny! Happy Birthday!!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Danny!!!
We love you too!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment