Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday Ten

Did you miss me? I have been having bloggy thought lately, but haven't made the time to type them out. And, now, of course I can't think of a single one! :-)

1. My Rhode Island trip was wonderful! I went back to the school we model our program after to watch their students do exhibitions. It was very helpful to see and talk with others who are doing the same things. But, let me tell you that their budget is a little less "strict" than ours, because I (and the other 4 teachers from the northwest) ate at some of the best restaurants I have ever been to. This Italian restaurant Zoomas was so good I almost cried. The crab ravioli was ta'diefor!! I have not been that full in a LONG time. Honestly, I really could go on and on about some of the other food I ate, but I have 9 other things to get to.

2. Being in a nice hotel room by myself is a wonderful thing. I find it so refreshing. Silence. Ahhhh!

3. I watched the movie High School Musical while on my trip.....twice. I have a confession to make. I loved it!! I thought it was so cute.

4. One of my students (who has a strange and mixed up family life) has been coming over to work at my house on Mondays. She lives with her Grandma, but she basically homeschools herself. She keeps talking about wanting to come live with us. The girl desperately needs a mommy. Please pray that God will make it obvious if we are supposed to take her in or not.

5. SOOOO happy for Peyton Manning and Tony Dungey. Because of these two fine men, the Colts have been my second favorite team all year. If I can't be cheering for the Hawks in the Superbowl, at least I can get excited about them.

6. My children both had to have a filling yesterday. This is so surprising if you know the regiment of brushing/flossing/repeat cycle that Danny puts our children through. They brush after each meal.....and floss!! Can you imagine that? However, our dentist assured me that both of their cavities were due to flaws in their teeth, and not lack of dental care. They were kinda like no-fault-cavities.

7. Did you know that yesterday is called Blue Monday and it is the day when more people than any other experience depression. The Christmas bills are due and the New Year's resolutions are broken. I'm content! How about you?

8. There is beautiful, gorgeous snow here. On Saturday we had about six inches, and it is so gorgeous!! LOVE it!!!

9. I'm going on a date with Danny tonight! The kids are going to a basketball game with Danny's parents. I like my husband.

10. Philippians 2 is a great chapter, and we have been memorizing it as a family. There are a lot of gems in this chapter, but the verse that has been floating around in my head is verse 15, that talks about shining like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life. Shiny things stand out to people. When we become blameless and pure, people will notice that and be attracted. Great stuff!!

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life. Philippians 2:15-16a

2 comments:

Kari C in SC said...

Okay, I will confess that I taped High School Musical on the DVR for ME. I haven't watched it yet, but now I really want to see it since I read your blog!

Cathy said...

Oh, I have EVERY song of High School Musical memorized. S. has the soundtrack and is FOREVER playing it.

It is pretty cute. Love the basketball scene the best. How fun would that be to do?

(Assuming you had any coordination... which I don't, as you well know.)

Followers