Monday, June 11, 2007

Is Anyone Out There?.....

I don't blame you if you have left for good, thinking I abandoned this blog project altogether here, but I'm still here.
  • All the kids activities (they really only have one each, for a grand total of 2) are done for the year. Woohoo!!
  • I taught my last classes of the year last week. This week we just have end of the year conferences.
  • How did I get a 3rd and a 5th grader? Please tell me that!!!
  • I finished my comprehensive final test for my masters degree and sent it off. I have to orally defend it on June 20. I still have to finish my last two classes, but then I'll be DONE!!
  • Even in the spring, I still love homeschooling and my job.
  • We are going to Seattle this weekend. Danny has a meeting and so we are going to drive over with him and do some fun Seattle-y kinds of things.
  • I started my major cleaning overhaul. I usually take 1-2 weeks in the fall before school starts again and do this, but I decided I might spread it out over the summer this year. However, usually, once I get started, I can't stop. I have done our school room and my office (which are two of the rooms that needed it most!) I clean everything. Every drawer, every wall, every blind, every baseboard, every closet....EVERYTHING! I love the feeling of looking at a room and knowing it is so clean.
  • How do laundry rooms and washing machines get so dirty?

I'm going to post more this summer since I will have more time! Unless, of course, I am enjoying my parents' pool and the sun.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I was coming here to leave a comment saying you seriously needed to update - and look at that! You updated!

The third and fifth grader thing is just freaky, eh? Add a seventh grader to the mix... yikes!

We should have coffee - maybe next week after I get through all the last week of school stuff... you could bring the kids over and we could visit! A good old fashioned play date... let me know.

Needleroozer said...

I want you to know, I checked your blog faithfully every day, just waiting, waiting, waiting for a new post! Yay! Persistance paid off.

SO you will be in my neck of the woods this weekend! What are your plans for your visit to our wierd, um, I mean fair city?
LB

Unknown said...

we are an hour out of Seattle, but if coming up works into the schedule in any way, we would love to see you!

The Keevy Family said...

Mindy, I found your website through Pam's a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoy your posts! Glad to see you are doing so well. You can visit our site at keevyfamily.com
Jane

Followers