Every year, the retirement home where my Grandma lives has a Halloween party where kids come in and trick-or-treat and play carnival games. I remember thinking the same thing last year, but I was once again reminded that my kids are no longer cute. I gazed longingly at the lady-bugs waddling cluelessly along and I remembered back to when my kids were Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andyand other costumes that I tirelessly stitched and planned.
This year we decided on the way home from CYT and soccer practice. "Seth, I don't care if your ninja costume from last year is too small. I'm not buying you a new ninja costume." It wouldn't matter what they wear. They just are not going to be cute. My 2-year old nephew was Tigger. Now *he* was cute! But, my kids are just candy-grubbers. They had a game plan this year. No wasting time standing in line for silly carnival games that will win you a plastic prize. Go straight for the candy. If you loop the hall twice the elderly people will never remember. And, if you look at them in the eyes, smile sweetly, and say Thank-you loud enough for them to hear they might stick extra candy in your bag. Those little candy-grubbers!!
This year we decided on the way home from CYT and soccer practice. "Seth, I don't care if your ninja costume from last year is too small. I'm not buying you a new ninja costume." It wouldn't matter what they wear. They just are not going to be cute. My 2-year old nephew was Tigger. Now *he* was cute! But, my kids are just candy-grubbers. They had a game plan this year. No wasting time standing in line for silly carnival games that will win you a plastic prize. Go straight for the candy. If you loop the hall twice the elderly people will never remember. And, if you look at them in the eyes, smile sweetly, and say Thank-you loud enough for them to hear they might stick extra candy in your bag. Those little candy-grubbers!!
1 comment:
This made me laugh out loud, Min.
Are you coming over Wednesday to get more candy off the neighbors?
Post a Comment