Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A must-read

I have just finished reading the book The Heavenly Man, which is the autobiography (written with Paul Hattaway) of Brother Yun.

It is interesting timing reading this story with the backdrop of the Olympics taking place in China. I watched the opening ceremonies and heard the talk about the new openness of China and then read about a man tortured and beaten for being a Christian less than TEN years ago!!
This book is an AMAZING testimony of God's work in the Chinese church through many believers such as Brother Yun. If you want a challenge to your faith and a chance to view God working miracle after miracle, I highly recommend this book!! It is a strong challenge to the Western church and a call to prayer for the believers in countries that are hostile to the gospel of Jesus.

2 comments:

Crissy said...

Thanks for the recommendation.
When we were in China last year we had to show our passports to enter a Western Christian church.
Apparently Chinese citizens cannot attend anything other than a government-approved church.

Anonymous said...

I love this book too...

Followers