Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Aloha

Aloha from Hawaii!! The weather has been hazy, but perfect temperature. Supposedly it is called "vog" (which is smog that is coming from the volcano on the main island). Some have called it Pele's breath, but whatever you call it, I think it is helping us to not get too fried in the sun. Here is a picture of us on Waikiki Beach on Tuesday. On Tuesday we pretty much hung out at Waikiki for most of the day. In the evening we went to a free hula show that had several different types of hula.














This morning we went to go take a hike up Diamond Head, but the trail to the top was closed for the month for repairs. So, we just walked around inside the crater for a little while. Next we headed out for Kailua Beach, which was voted to be one of the top 10 prettiest beaches in the world. When we first got there (and off and on throughout the day) the sun was shining and the water was an amazing color of turquoise! The pictures do not do it justice.













Yesterday a person on the beach gave us their two boogie boards because they were leaving so we had a great time boogie boarding. I had forgotten how much fun this is!! (Really, the kids did have the boards more than I did. I just posted the pictures where I am on the board!) The water is just a wonderful temperature.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those pics were pure torture!! I am so jealous, but glad you are having a great time!! We miss you :)

Kailyn Renae said...

wow! it looks beautiful. glad to hear you're having a good time.

Followers