Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spelling Bee

Annsley participated in her first spelling bee. It was a group spelling bee for 5th and 6th graders and they were allowed to write the words down before they said it. Annsley worked very hard on her words. The best part is.....THEY WON!!!! I was so happy for them.


Here are the girls before the bee started. They were SOOOO nervous....and so was I!




Here are the girls during the spelling bee.













Here are the girls after getting their final word correct.
Here is the trophy:














She did NOT get her spelling genes from her mother!! There were several times when I was just sure they missed the word, and it was correct.

4 comments:

Pam said...

That's great!! Congrats Annsley (notice I'm saying "congrats" because I'm not sure how to spell the longer form of that word).

Anonymous said...

Yay!! That's so cool! I love the picture of them getting their last word correct!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Annsley! I've of course known you were an excellent speller since you were a baby :) I'm thinking of you all in Hawaii and am very jealous! Did I spell that right?

Di said...

Nice work, Annsley.

I won a spelling bee in eighth grade...I still feel quite proud of myself (-:

Di

Followers