Today would have been my Grandpa Tick's birthday. When I went to check my Facebook (this whole Facebook thing is new to me!) I noticed my cousin Edd, had posted a reference to the fact that he was thankful for his Grandpa. This spurred a little fury of posts Pam, Krina, Edd and me stating some of Grandpa's favorite one-liners. All day I have been smiling as I connect with a cousin in Arizona, a cousin in Minnesota and a cousin across town as we honor Grandpa Tick!He had a great sense of humor and was known for his one-liners. One of my personal favorites was, "I stick up for you. When they said you weren't fit to eat with the pigs, I said you were!" We decided that it would have made him very happy to have been honored in this way-by us remembering some of his more famous jokes!
Happy Birthday, Grandpa! You are missed.
1 comment:
I'm smiling as well (with watery eyes--you know how those pregnancy hormones are). Grandpa, you are missed indeed!!
PS...Could you email my a copy of that picture??
Post a Comment