Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy Anniversary to us!

There are things that I did not know fifteen years ago that I do know now!

  • I didn't know that a person might floss their teeth twice in one night (let alone once) to make sure their teeth were clean.
  • I didn't know that watching your husband become a father could only increase your love and respect.
  • I didn't know that one person could make you laugh and cry harder than you have ever done in your life.
  • I didn't know that in order to have a well-balanced meal at dinner someone has to make it...every night (go figure!)
  • I didn't know what it meant to be a grown-up.
  • I didn't know that laundry doesn't put itself away. (Now the kids do it. :-))
  • I didn't know that watching World Cup soccer could be so exciting. I didn't know it would be almost as exciting as watching your husband coaching your 7 year old son's team.
  • I didn't know that there is nothing sweeter than seeing your husband with another girl....as long as that girl is your 9 year old daughter.
  • I didn't understand how differences can be such strengths
  • I didn't know how prayer works in ways that nagging never can.
  • I didn't know I would never have to pick up any of my husbands dirty clothes because he always puts them away.
  • I didn't know he would be such a good dad.
  • I didn't realize that high expectations cause a person to achieve more than they thought they could.
  • I didn't know that er....um....marital relations only get better with time.
  • I didn't know that we would be teaching our kids at home.
  • I didn't know that we would need two computers to avoid shoving matches in the evenings...and I'm not talking about the kids.
  • I didn't know he would wipe down the sink and shower just to make it easier for me to clean.
  • I didn't know that we wouldn't run out of things to talk about.
  • I didn't know you would still make me laugh.
  • I didn't know we would both start liking country music. (I *really* didn't know that one!)





  • I didn't know what a rare treasure a happy marriage is!

I love you, Danny!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Ah shucks, Mind.

So sweet.

Happy Anniversary, friend.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I'd need a tissue after reading your blog today!

Happy Anniversary!

Needleroozer said...

Beautiful! It was 15 years for us in May. Congratulations.
LB

Anonymous said...

wow...I should get to know that guy :-) I love you...DH

Crissy said...

One of the most beautiful posts I've read in a long while, Mindy.

Happy anniversary to you and Danny.

Crissy

Anonymous said...

I can claim some credit for that country music one!!

Di said...

Claire's going to die when she sees that dress, Mindy. Stunningly beautiful bride, my friend.

Here's to many more!
Diane

Followers