When most people come home from a long vacation, they say, "It is good to be home." I can't believe that the people saying that are mothers. Being home means cooking, laundry, cleaning, unpacking, etc. Our trip was great and our sweet daughter said, "I want to give my children the exact same childhood that I have had." Talk about a compliment!!
We had the coolest experience at the Museum of Natural History in Jackson, MS. We were there early on a Monday morning and there weren't many people there yet. One of the employees came out and started talking to us about the different fish in their wonderful tanks. She then asked if we wanted to go back behind to the staff only area. She showed us the most amazing things. The kids got to pet the alligators (small ones), and feed the fish live worms. It was amazing and she spent about an hour with us just teaching us things and showing us interesting things. She fed a horseshoe crab a worm for us. The whole experience was one of the highlights for our family.
I can not honestly say that it is good to be home, but my bed is sure comfy!! And routine is a good thing in the end. We logged just over 3000 miles on the trip but it didn't feel like we were in the car all that much. Go figure! Next year....the mid-west.
No comments:
Post a Comment