Monday, April 02, 2007

Hello from Nashville

We had a great time staying with my old college roommate in Arkansas. It was great to catch up, and for some strange reason her mom still had an old tape of the two of us singing a duet in her church 20 years ago. (That fact that she knew right where it was was scary indeed!) It was fun to hear it even though the quality was what you might expect from a dubbed copy of an old tape.

This morning we crossed into Tennessee and began the day in Memphis. Some of the things we had planned on doing were not open yet, but we got a feel for the city. We drove by Graceland although we just couldn't bring ourselves to drop $24 per person to go in and tour the place. My pilgrimage to Graceland ended at the gate! Blogger isn't letting me add pictures right now, or I'd show you my Elvis.

Next we headed to Nashville and toured the Grand Ole Opry. I can now say that I have sung on the stage there. Sure, it was only Happy Birthday, but I sang way louder and stronger than anyone else in our tour, and I'm pretty sure they wanted me to make an album. But, I'm pretty busy right now. I'd show you a picture, but it'll have to wait.

The kids had fun swimming in the hotel. They are such great sports!! How exciting can hearing about Minnie Pearl be for them? But, they make the best of it and count down the minutes in their heads until they can be in the hotel swimming pool. Annsley was pretty excited to have "performed" (Happy Birthday) on the same stage that Carrie Underwood has performed on. OK....I admit it, I thought it was kind of cool too. :-)

Tomorrow we will be crossing into Kentucky, bringing our grand total to 34 states. We will officially be 2/3 of the way to our goal of touching all 50 states. Did I mention that we literally spent 2 minutes in Kansas? No offense to anyone from Kansas, but we didn't have time this trip to spend there, so we drove up so we could touch the border of Kansas and Missouri and then headed back down. It counts!!

No comments:

Followers