Friday, March 30, 2007

Oooooooook la-ho-ma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...

Howdy (can you tell we've been in Texas?)

We arrived in Dallas yesterday to "severe thunderstorm warnings!" So, what do we do? We decide to go up to the top of the Hyatt Regency. Here is what it looks like on a nice evening...

But, it didn't quite look like that last night!! It was raining (although warm) and foggy, but that didn't stop us, no-sir-re-bob! Here is what it looked like for us. If you notice the terrified faces of my children, it is because we just saw the BIGGEST lightening I have ever seen in my life...right in front of our faces. And because we were up on the concrete observation deck, the thunder sounded like a major explosion. OK, I confess, it wasn't just my children that were terrified. Was there a reason that we were one of only two other people up on the deck?


Even though Danny wanted to stay a little longer, I put my foot down and got h-e-double-hockey-sticks off that tall building!!



This morning we went to the spot where JFK was shot and went through the Sixth Floor Museum. It was fascinating, and we learned a ton about what happened. I didn't really know much about it (other than knowing there was a grassy knoll involved somehow!)


This afternoon we drove to Tulsa and our hotel room has a view of.....this! This is the Oral


Roberts University Prayer Tower. Can I just say....Wow! I have never seen a gilded college before. It is quite sump'n! But, what do I know? Maybe people thought the same thing about that bell tower at Biola. (That joke is only funny if you have actually seen the small bell tower at Biola University. For those who have not seen it, think....small bell tower, no gold.)

The drive was about four hours and it was great to be together in the car. The kids had their organizers strapped onto the back of the seats in front of them, and they read, drew pictures while listening to Story of the World Ancients on CD, played the license plate game, etc...Great fun!! Tomorrow we'll be in Arkansas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what I go through when one of those huge storms rolls through the prarie! I shake in my boots and my only comfort is that I know its Creator. Isn't Oral Roberts U. something? We got to visit it back when we lived in the midwest...the other time. It's fun to read your blog, Mind. Aym tipped me off to it. Praying for you. Bets

Needleroozer said...

Wow. THat kinda looks like the Space Needle on steroids!
LB

Followers