Friday, June 13, 2008

Western National Parks Trip-Day 1

I must confess, there really isn't much to report today. We left Spokane at about 7:00 am and pretty much drove all day. We stopped in Missoula to make a Walmart stop and we had a picnic lunch along the way. Well, truth be told, it was windy and chilly so we ate in the car parked by a scenic river. The drive was beautiful and flew by. We got to Idaho Falls at about 6:00 (which is one hour ahead). We listened to a book on CD and talked. I dozed off for about 45 minutes. Pretty exciting stuff! But, our longest driving day is over. The kids did great and even said it didn't seem nearly 10 hours. We ate at Chilis for dinner tonight and the kids are now swimming in the pool. That is ALWAYS a highlight of the trip. We are staying in a very nice Best Western hotel. Hopefully there will be more to report tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love no cooking for two weeks! Miss you all and love you ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mind! Sorry that I really didn't say, "goodbye" when we talked on Thurs...somehow I thought that I was going to talk to you on Fri. Silly me!

Happy trails!

becky chong said...

Hey, Road Trippers! We'll be getting on the road ourselves Friday. Stopping in Coloma (American River) for three nights then Oregon, Seattle, Lake Chelan and then S P O K A N E! We should be there on July 5 so hurry up and settle back in when you get home and get ready for visitors! :) Can't wait to see you! We'll be in touch, but you can call me on my cell 619-206-0590 or email beckychong@cox.net Love You! Beck

Followers