Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Date with my Daughter....

Last night Danny and Seth went to a basketball game and so I decided to take Annsley on a mommy/daughter date. We went to Starbucks and hung out. This was the first time we have ever done this (for some reason!!) It was just a delightful time. I realized that I haven't been out alone with her for special time for a long long time.

She is the kind of child that you can't take too much credit for. She came out of the womb happy and easy going. She is thoughtful far beyond her years, and she is truly a delight to be with. We talked about friends, life, her classes at TEC, more friends, etc... I slipped in a bit of motherly wisdom here and there, but mostly we just chatted and laughed. She was in heaven.

Then, we came home and crawled in my bed and read our books. She paused to read me passages from Heidi with beautiful descriptive words. We were both in heaven.

Tall mocha frappacino........ $3.53
Grande sugar free, skinny, cinnamon dulce latte, extra hot....... $4.02
Two good books from the library.......Free
Daughter telling me she had one of the best nights ever.......priceless!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Ooh - the sugar free cinnamon dulce latte is my new favorite!!!

I just realized I haven't been out with Savannah in a very long time... I need to do that soon.

Laney said...

Oh, Mindy! That is so sweet! I'm jealous, I want a girl!:-)

Meliss said...

Thanks for sharing about your precious time with your daughter. I went out on a date with my daughter to Starbucks in December. It was my first visit to Starbucks! We both enjoyed the time together and need to do it again.

Followers