Friday, February 02, 2007

Tagged....

My friend Cathy tagged me with this challenge....

{List 6 quirky things about yourself}

Only 6, you say? I'm sure Danny could come up with a few.

1. I am listening to my book on tape (David Copperfield) at a slightly higher speed than normal on my tape recorder. I figure if I can listen to it faster (for goodness sakes, it is 27 (that is 2-7) tapes long after all) then I can get to more books in the same time! It takes a little getting used to because the reader's voice is a bit higher (and more full of helium) than normal. Danny heard that and laughed at me. He said, "that is *so* something you would do." I think of it as efficiency!!

2. I'm going to copy Cathy in that I am compulsive about my laundry! I love folding clothes!! One time Danny suggested that the kids fold the clothes as a punishment for putting clean clothes in the laundry and I told him that was a punishment for ME!! :-)

3. I accidentally call alluminum foil "tin foil" even though I am quite aware that it hasn't been made out of tin for quite some time.

4. I am borderline OCD about multi-tasking. I never just do one thing at a time. I read while I blow dry my hair. I listen to books on tape while cooking. I can not sit and watch TV unless I am also doing something else. My very favorite thing is when I can do three productive things at the same time!

5. I cry at commercials.....and just about everything else sappy and sentimental! (I got tears in my eyes at the "goodbye to football commercial" that was played at the end of the Superbowl, and that was *before* they put Brett Favre on the commercial. That was the point that the tears ran down my cheek!)

6. I don't floss very often.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Okay. You are way quirkier than me. I can't believe you listen to tapes faster than normal... you're too funny.

How do you do that, anyway?

Anonymous said...

I know that I don't often leave comments on your blog, Mind, but at the "listening to tapes faster than normal" and "reading while blowdrying," I just had to! You crack me up! I only wish that I had your drive. Unfortunately, I am all too happy to collapse on the couch and just watch TV. Drats. That explains a lot!

Followers