Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Worry released....

My mom called me last Thursday to tell me that she was going in for a biopsy for a strange mass in her breast. She has had several of these before that have turned out to be nothing, but I could tell she was a little more worried this time. She, of course, waited to tell me until the last minute. In the past, she hasn't told me until it was over to protect me from worrying. Now I know why, because I have been worried all weekend. The results were supposed to be back yesterday, but of course, were late. So, this morning she called to tell me that it was nothing! I found myself crying with relief.

I feel so thankful today for her health. I am so thankful that she does not have to go through the hard decisions that follow a negative verdict. I am just so thankful for my Mommy!! She is an amazing woman.

I am also thankful for my Grandma (her mother). Today is her 87th birthday and I went and took her some flowers. We have a family chat room and it was so amazing to hear many of her 17 grandkids and spouses rise up and call her blessed. What an amazing tribute of a life lived for God. I am blessed to have this heritage of Godly women as examples in my life. And....I'm just crazy about them!

Thank you, God, for health!

No comments:

Followers