Am I bitter that I had to spend part of my Mothers Day WORKING at our property? Nope! Guess what? I actually enjoyed it!! (Shhhhh. Don't tell my husband lest he think I want to do it every weekend! :-)) Yesterday we worked side by side on the sprinklers and I just kept thinking how nice it was to work and chat with my husband. I chose this week to help Danny by going the extra mile at the property and volunteering to go with him and help him without complaint. His love language is "acts of service" so I knew that by doing this I was telling him I love him. And he heard it loud and clear! The most amazing thing was that by choosing this and choosing a good attitude I began to enjoy myself in the process. I know that lesson. I have learned it before, but sometimes I just needed to be reminded of it. Choose joy.
I have a good life and I know it. I have a lot to be joyful about and I don't take it for granted!! But, I still have to relearn that lesson occasionally.
Choose joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment