Friday, May 11, 2007

Maybe there is a little farmer's wife in me after all....


After all my whining and complaining about working so hard at the property lately, I have had the experience of working out there at sunset the last three nights. Let me just tell you that it is one of the most gorgeous place on earth at sunset. I was going to bring my camera last night, but I forgot. Here is a picture from last summer at sunset. I don't think it does the place justice, but until I remember to take some new pics, it is all I have!
Another discovery that I had to add to my enjoyment of the work is the fact that I could bring my MP3 player along. (Duh!!) You can't believe what a difference that makes in my mental outlook. How can you possibly be grumpy when you are unloading manure from the back of truck while you are overlooking a sunset and listening to the swelling exalted sounds of Josh Grobin? Huh? Or Randy Travis singing How Great Thou Art. Or Tony Bennett? Or....(confession time) the songs from High School Musical? (Yes, I know....I have extremely random and varied music on my MP3 player).
Well, I might never aspire to be a farm wife, but if you have to unload manure, I recommend sunset and good music!

No comments:

Followers