Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First day of school....

We had our official first day of school today. You can call it enjoying the bennies of homeschooling....or you can call it brainwashing your children. I told them on *our* first day of school we got to sleep in, and I made pancakes for breakfast (which is something I do about twice a year). We had a leisurely breakfast and I presented them with their new binder and beautiful timeline books. (We are starting with Ancients again) I read Fellowship of the Ring for an extra long time, savoring the hot chocolate. I mentioned that other kids had to be on the bus a *long* time ago. We are only doing about half our subjects this week to ease back into things and so we were done at lunch today. So, we drove by the local school and literally shouted "SUCKAS!!!" and "HA HA!" on our way to swim the afternoon away. (Sorry Cath, it wasn't directed at your children, in particular. :-)) I know, I'm so mature! (The windows were rolled up.)

Truth be told, I am thankful that my kids love homeschooling. I am grateful beyond words that they still want to be with me as much as I want to be with them. Truly, I am!

Did you know that if you type "sucka" into your spell check, it comes up with "sicko" for a substitute. Maybe my spell checker is trying to tell me something!

3 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Wow! That sounds absolutely luxurious!
LB

Di said...

*said in major whiney voice*

I wanna move somewhere where it is appealing to drink hot chocolate in August. Right now, chewing espresso ice cubes is the closest I will come to a hot drink.

Enjoy your year, you crazy people!

Diane

Donna Boucher said...

Here is my sucka story.

My hubby would tease the boys about the start of school.

School sucka,
School sucka.

My mature husband would chant.

Our sassy son Matthew cleverly chanted right back....

Work sucka
Work sucka.

This tradition has been passed down to Katie this week.

Sweet!

Followers