Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pharaoh, Pharaoh, woh baby, let your people go...

(Sung to the tune of Louie, Louie)
My four year old niece (my brother's daughter) joined us for history projects today. My brother, Loren, and his wife, Erica, are in Hawaii so their kids are staying with my parents. We had Katie over this afternoon and decided to include her in the history projects. The funny thing is that her mom doesn't really want to homeschool, but Katie announced to me that she was going to be homeschooled too. I asked her if her mommy knew that and she said, "No, she's in Hawaii, but I'll tell her when she gets back." I'm not sure I have her a totally accurate picture of what homeschooling is since all we did was make a cute little book about the ten plagues of Egypt and made a Pharaoh hat. She is pretty determined (you can see that in her serious Pharaoh face) and so maybe I should just apologize to Erica right now for planting the seed in Katie's head!!
Donna, to answer your question, we are studying the same history and science as the cousins, and we normally get together on Wednesday afternoons for history and/or science projects. Last week I also had her kids on Monday morning because she had a meeting. So, we don't school together every day, but once or twice a week.

No comments:

Followers