Monday, September 17, 2007
Food Co-op
Today I got together with my mom and my two sisters-in-law (one is my brother's wife, one is Danny's sister) and we planned our new food co-op. My day is Monday, so on Monday's I'll make a meal for all four families and deliver it cooked to their door. But, the best part is that on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday a cooked meal gets delivered to MY door!! I have always been skeptical of these kinds of food co-ops because I happened to have married a picky eater. I could just imagine Danny's reaction the first time someone showed up at our door with a meatloaf and potatoes. So, I have never payed much attention when people talk about food co-ops. But, a friend was saying that they get together and plan meals that they know everyone will like. Everyone knows the menu for the whole month ahead of time. No surprises. So, we'll start in October and it sounds just heavenly to me!! The cook provides a main dish and a side dish to go along with the meal. We are on our own for fruits and veggies. I can handle that!! Maybe I'll throw in some brownies just to be nice! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds fun, Mind! That will be great for you all! I will try not to be jealous, but if you wanted to drop off a pan of brownies at our house on your way to your mom's....just jokin'!!
That sounds great. :) My girlfriends and I do something similar and I love it. We call it supper club-we all cook 6 of the same freezable meal and then swap. Even though cooking day can get long, I love walking down to the freezer to choose something for dinner.
I hope your year is going well. :)
Nancy in CA
Ok, I am jealous! This sounds wonderful to me.
LB
Post a Comment