Monday, November 19, 2007

Calling all Knitting Experts!!!!!

Please help me figure out how to make my octagons not look like breasts!! I am using dpn and I know I'm following the pattern correctly, but I'm not very experienced with the dpn's. Am I doing the center too tight or too loose?I have tried it both ways and it still seems to concave like that. I really love this pattern, but.....well, I think you see the problem. I was hoping when I blocked the pieces together they would flatten out a bit, but it doesn't seem to be helping. What should I do?

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I don't know a thing about knitting, but if you can't fix it, you could have a great Diana of the Ephesians costume for next Halloween:oD

Donna Boucher said...

Great color.

Get it wet and block it, baby!

Cathy said...

Oh dear... it's pretty flesh colored, isn't it? I don't think it would look quite so breast-y if they were green or black or something besides fleshy pink.

I'm no help, of course. I think I'd just quietly put that project away and forget I ever started it... but I'm the woman who started a Christmas quilt 8 years ago that's still unfinished in my closet - and it doesn't even look like boobs.

Ha!

Shivali Rocks said...

Why can't you put the names of famous knitting expertsvpmip

Followers