I am thankful for so many, many things!! Today after a long day of moving my sister-in-law and family back into their old house, I am thankful for a healthy body. Sure, I had to go to physical therapy for my massage-chair-neck-injury, but I can lift things, stand for a long time and work hard. That is something to be thankful for. Last week, Danny tore the muscle in his calf and is in such pain. The physical pain is bad, but when the doctor told him it was a "typical middle age injury" the emotional pain was worse! So, we are acutely aware of the blessings of healthy bodies around here.
I went back to link to the post where I told you about my massage chair injury, but I couldn't find it, so maybe I never told you that I am the only person in the history of the world to ever injure themselves in a massage chair at the Sharper Image....in July!! I finally got tired of waiting for the pain to go away and went to the physical therapist a couple weeks ago. I gotta tell you, I was hoping for a few more sessions. He put ultrasonic on it and massaged it, and then I got to lay in a quiet dark room with a vibrating current on my neck. It was so relaxing!! I was kinda sad to have it be done, but glad to have it feeling better. I had to give up my exercise time (6:00 am) to do it. Let's see, exercise or relax? Which would you choose? I think I feel my neck acting up again!
No comments:
Post a Comment