Monday, November 26, 2007

Things that make me happy.


I love the whole Christmas season. Everything! I got my decorations and trees up on Friday and they make me soooooo happy. Here are few other things that made me happy this Thanksgiving weekend.


1. The Williams-Sonoma Winter Forest dish soap. It literally makes me happy while I'm doing my dishes. It smells like a Christmas tree. And, since I am a fake tree kinda gal, I love having that scent around.
2. This also made me happy.....and more than a little nervous. But, the result made me happy.
3. Speaking of football, I watched three games yesterday. And I finished knitting my new hat. Don't all women love to watch football and knit? They were all very close exciting games. That made me happy. (Sorry Pam about Denver....I was actually rooting for them!)
4. Church made me happy this Sunday. They had a baptism/prayer service. Twelve people were baptized and shared these amazing testimonies of what God has done in their lives. It was so encouraging. One small group was all being baptized together. They shared in a sort of chain reaction how God had called them because of the people in this small group praying. Life changing stuff.
5. I made a huge pot of veggie soup yesterday. I used carrots and zucchini from our garden that I had shredded and frozen. It made me happy to be enjoying the fruits (or veggies) of all our labor this summer. Plus, we had some frozen raspberries and canned peaches as well.
6. I am thankful, as always, for my family. I read and hear so often about families who don't enjoy being together and I am reminded, again, what a gift I have. I know I say this a lot on my blog, but I treasure that gift every day!! They make me happy.

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Williams-Sonoma just makes me happy in general!!!!

And well....football...we are just floating on clouds around here.

I'm actually worried for the first time this year.

Dang.

It's gonna be a nail biter on Thurs.

Pack 10-1 vs 10-1 Cowboys.

Cheer for us, would ya?

We are going to have to search out a place to watch the game. It is on some obscure network that we do not have.

hurumph

Pam said...

Ah, it's all good. Denver is still only one game out of first place--at 5-6. The game wasn't aired down here. We wouldn't have seen the horrible ending anyway as we have church in the evening. Josh got a text message regarding the game just as the service started.

Followers