Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Born Again

I'll shock you all by posting two days in a row....

I just finished reading Born Again by Charles Colson. He was known as the "hatchet man" in the Nixon days during the Watergate period. He was a prideful hardened man who would do whatever it took to do the job needed. The book (on my autobiography list) is an amazing story of God getting hold of his life and changing him completely. I cried though the whole book as I read of how God was glorified through his conversion.

I love the Twila Paris song that says:
But I never get used to what You do
I never get used to watching You
Take a life beyond redemption
Make it yours and make it new
I never outgrow the miracle
A heart that was empty, flowing full
I never get used to what You do

It is an old book, but the message is timeless and I would recommend it as a testimony of God's faithfulness. It is especially neat knowing all the Chuck Colson's prison ministry has done since the writing of the book to further the gospel!

No comments:

Followers