Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This makes me mad!

Does this infuriate anyone else? How DARE someone taunt like that? I'm not debating whether or not Moussaoui should have received the death penalty but, oh boy, does his quote make me sick.

I didn't even know anyone personally who died in the September 11 attacks, but it still feels so raw to me when I think about it. I bawled like a baby at Ground Zero. I was upset by the fact that at the Ground Zero site there was not one mention of terrorists or even *who* it was who perpetrated the heinous acts. It bothers me that a man can be so evil that not only does he have no remorse about what happened but that he flaunts it as a victory. I know it is not politically correct to call someone evil, but anyone who could willingly participate in terrorism is evil.

I do believe that Moussaoui will someday meet and answer to a holy God, and the penalty he will get at that time will be far worse than anything the American judicial system could hand out. I also know that Moussaoui is a soul that is loved by God and that God would forgive him if he asked. Perhaps that is why God is God, and I am not. I think I'd have a hard time with that one!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

I don't imagine he'll be feeling like much of a *winner* after a few months in solitary confinement.

Laney said...

It's so difficult, isn't it, to understand the longsuffering of our merciful God. Take comfort in knowing that he will surely answer for his actions, I know I do.

As someone who was close enough to see the smoke rising over their house for days, I feel your anger. Some things are just hard.

Needleroozer said...

Hey Mindy,
Just popping in to tell you I am black in Blogland. Thanks for checking in with me. I still don't have email, but it does feel good to be able to start blogging again, even if it is on the old dinosaur of a computer downstairs, and not on my luxurious laptop while laying in bed,lol.
Smiles and hugs,
LB

Followers