I still have a blog. I just have no inspiration.
I just finished a really great book called Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. It says on the cover, "A story of love and war." I must qualify my recommendation because it is a little heavy on both the "love" (if you know what I mean) and the war. There are very graphic scenes describing both. The scenes of war paint the horrific picture of World War I, and add to the richness of the book. However, the couple of "love" scenes I could do without! It is a haunting book that bridges the past with the present and I stayed up way too late the last couple of nights to finish it.
I am leading a bookclub at school with some of my teen students. We are reading Night by Elie Wiesel. My students are such great kids, and have beautiful insights into life and the subject of the holocaust. I am looking forward to having our discussion today.
No comments:
Post a Comment