OK, I'll try to make this a very long post so that awful picture doesn't pop up on your screen anymore!
This morning, amidst tears from five kids and two moms, the cousins left to go back to California for the year. (OK, in the interest of honesty, Seth didn't cry while they were leaving, but cried about his mysterious stomach ache after they left. The boy has issues with excessive displays of affection or emotion. I hereby apologize to his future wife...I tried, really I did. And then, of course, while I was typing this, he walked by and said, "I like you, Mom." Future wife....you will also have lots to thank me for. But, I digress.)
It is so hard to watch them go, but....it is better to have loved and lost...yada, yada, yada. Seriously, it was such an unexpected gift that they got to be here for the summer that we can not complain about saying goodbye. But, it still hurts!
They spent the night last night and everyone got way too little sleep, and that was OK! But, we are all paying the price this afternoon!! Anyone want a couple of cute, tired children? Cheap!!
I am almost done with my fall cleaning project!! I just have the kitchen and dining room left. Great Expectations (Dickens) is now keeping me company while I work. I love listening to books on tape while I work. I especially feel productive when I can listen to books on my reading list while I am cleaning!! I'm loving Great Expectations!! I have never read it before.
Next week will be cooking week. I'll be canning peaches and doing some other bulk cooking to get ready for the school year.
So, do you think this post is long enough to bump the bum out of view? Let's hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment