Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to the Real World


Well, we had a wonderful time in Cannon Beach. I tried blogging a couple of times while we were there, and both times I crashed when I tried to upload pictures. So, I decided to wait. We had great weather. I started each morning at 6:30 with a walk to Haystack rock with my mom. Those are very special times to me. Special enough to get me up at 6:30 on my vacation!! The speaker (Dr. Hubbard) spoke on Hebrews and he was a good teacher. I would have liked a little more personal application, but it was good learning.

The play we saw this year wasn't great. That was a disappointment. Usually the plays in Cannon Beach are delightful. The actors in this two man show weren't quite funny enough to pull it off.

One highlight of the week was sharing some brie with Patty and her hubby!! (Thanks again, Patty, I could have used about three times longer to chat!!)

The kids were old enough this year to take themselves to and from the meetings this year. It was a strange feeling to give them more freedom. They would go to the rec center or take off on the beach with friends. They loved it, and I found that I missed them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the reading I was able to do, but it was one of those moments where you are aware of your children growing up! The funny thing is I remember as a kid loving the extra independence we had when we were in Cannon Beach.

The children's program there is incredible. The kids come away with so many great memories.















(family walk to Haystack rock...a mile down and a mile and a half back! :-))














(The whole gang, minus Danny, the photographer)

On Wednesday I leave for Rhode Island again for another conference. 4 nights in a hotel room by myself. It sounds pretty good to me!

3 comments:

Di said...

We just signed up for Walter Kaiser week for next year; I hope y'all will be there.

Beautiful pics. of your great family,
Diane

Cinnamon said...

We will be at Cannon Beach next weekend! Isn't it simply a lovely place? Love the photos. :)

Laney said...

Mindy, you have the most adorable children!

Sounds as if y'all had a wonderful time. I know what you mean about the kids having more freedom, it makes you value the time even more.

Followers