How did it take 38 years for me to discover this treasure!?! I loved every minute of it from cover to cover, but I especially loved the ending. It was not what I expected, but it was perfect! I really enjoy endings that surprise you. I won't tell you what the surprise was because you all need to read the book!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the Civil War and Reconstruction from the southern viewpoint. It is one that is not often told in the politically correct world we live in today. I don't totally buy it, but it is fascinating to read this perspective. Patty gets the Gone With the Wind award, having read the book 26 times. (That is 26,000 pages! :-)) I enjoyed reading her thoughts about the book in an email.
Now, I have to watch the movie!
3 comments:
Okay. You simply must post something new. Your blog is causing me to stumble.
Every time I come here, I have an overwhelming urge to say "damn."
Cathy--At least you would get credit for quoting--my "stumble" is not an exact quote!
LOL!!! Funny comments!!
Consider yourself tagged!
Post a Comment