Friday, August 25, 2006

My house is clean....

and when I say clean....I mean *really* clean. I mean pull out the refrigerator clean. I'm talking under the oven clean. Microwave grate taken off, soaked and scrubbed clean. Fridge drawers taken out and cleaned under clean. Every drawer and closet organized clean. Pens that don't work thrown away clean. Top of the kitchen soffet cleaned. Even garbage cans scrubbed clean. Yup, it is clean!! And I feel great!!

I'm reading two books right now that I am loving. The first is (of all things) Gone With the Wind. I have never (gasp) read the book or (double gasp) seen the movie. It is a wonderful book. For some reason, I pulled it off my booklist somewhat begrudgingly, assuming it would be a bit boring. I am 553 pages into the 1037 page book and I can not put it down.

The second book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, is one I had never heard of before, but I am listening to it on tape. It is great novel written from the perspective of a teen boy who has Asperger's. It is great writing and a creative perspective on life. And, the kids uses lots of math examples in the book, so...how could I not like it? His chapters are not numbered 1,2,3 but rather 2,3,5,7,11 (the prime numbers.) My favorite quote has something to do with prime numbers and life.

"The rule for working out prime numbers is really simple, but no one has ever worked out a simple formula for telling you whether a very big number is a prime number or what the next one will be.... Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical, but you could never work out all the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them."

Math geeks....you know you love them.

4 comments:

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I have read GWTW 26 times.

Cathy said...

Love Gone with The Wind. I haven't read it for so long.

I've gotta read Wind in the Willows first though...

good to see you this morning.

Crissy said...

If you'll tell me what a kitchen soffet is, maybe I'll clean mine, too.

Crissy

Tina said...

I have not experienced GWTW, although it is my mother's favorite. My sister was named after one of the characters.

I did, however, love "Curious Incident" partially because I have a unique fascination with Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Congrats to you on the cleaning. I'm waiting until it gets colder outside to tackle that!

Followers