Thursday, November 23, 2006

Excitement

Annsley: Mommy, you just don't know how excited I am for tomorrow.

Seth (at an earlier time today): I can't wait for tomorrow. After all, there's only one tomorrow each year.

(I couldn't help pointing out that actually there were actually 365 tomorrows each year...unless it is leap year....)

Why are my children so excited for tomorrow?

The Christmas decorations go up. The Christmas music comes out. We start out with Amy Grant belting out, "It's the most wonderful time of the year." The kids re-discover their treasures from years gone by. I re-discover my treasures from years gone by. Every ornament is filled with, "remember when..."

  • The sand dollar ornament we got on our honeymoon on the coast.
  • The beautiful blown glass ball that I got in France and treasure. (I'm trying to hold loosely because I know it will break one of these years!)
  • The ornament that says "Daughter" on it that my mother-in-law gave me on the first Christmas after I got married.
  • The ornaments that the kids have made each year


OK, so I guess the kids aren't the only ones who are excited!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love looking through the ornaments best, I think!

Followers