
Ree inspired me to stop by my Grandma's today. Please go check out the absolutely gorgeous picture of her Ga-Ga!! I love the wrinkles. (That first picture actually made me cry!) This afternoon I had a couple of hours without the kids and so I stopped by the retirement home where she and her husband live. I just gave her the biggest hug and realized that it had been way too long since I just stopped by her place. We see them quite a bit at my parents' house, but it had been too long since I just dropped by. I used to do it weekly when the kids were little.
She makes me laugh. She is sharp witted, and extremely wise. When we were kids she would let me sleep by her bed and she would tell everyone we were going to sneak out and go "bowling and dancing." Those were the naughty things she could think of to do.
She leads a women's Bible study "at the home." She jokingly refers to the beautiful retirement facility where she lives as "the home." Leading this Bible study tires her out. A lot. I am so impressed that she isn't coasting through this phase of her life, but she is sharing her passion with others.
She loves to watch professional basketball on TV and she likes football too! Hmmmmm, wonder who I take after! In fact, she used to have a lifesize cutout of Michael Jordan. She joked that she might leave my Grandpa for "her Michael."
OK, so this photo isn't going to win any photo contests. In fact, she would really hate it, but it was all I had. Thanks, Ree, for the reminder of the precious gem I have in my Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment