Last night ranks as one of the top ten worst experiences of my life!! So, I'm going to share all the gritty details with y'all. (I say y'all because I have been in Plano, Texas for 3 days.) We ate a good Mexican meal for dinner. It was delicious...chips, chile con queso dip, guacamole....can you guess where I'm going, here? I felt full when we left the restaurant to head to the airport. I tend to get motion sick in cars, so I was not feeling well by the time we got to the airport, but I thought it would just go away like it usually does.
Fast forward, I'm on the airplane, and I am not feeling better. All of a sudden I figured out that I may have a bit more than motion sickness and headed for that place that under normal circumstances I avoid like the plague....the.airport.bathroom. I will spare you the gory details (and the revisiting of the Mexican food) but four visits later we landed in Denver. My apologies to all my fellow plane members for the fact that I prayed that the plane would crash. Fortunately, God did not answer that prayer.
I stumbled off the plane to the Denver airport bathroom and at this point all pride and dignity was gone so I just plopped myself right on the floor of the bathroom and sat there. Yup, right on the floor!
The next leg of the flight I had my seat changed to the seat in the back right next to the bathroom and the lady in the seat next to me changed seats as quickly as she possible could. (If I had felt better, the speed of her movement would have been comical.) This flight was on a plane with an extra small bathroom. I literally do not know how anyone larger than me could even close the door, let alone do what I needed to do! The stewardesses were so sweet and brought me gingerale. God, in His mercy, allowed me to sleep almost the whole leg of this flight and when I got off the plane I actually felt a bit better.
There is nothing like that feeling when you finally realize you might just make it in the land of the living. If you are still reading, you are very hard up for entertainment, but I couldn't help but share my misery with all of you. Today I stayed home from work and rested. I haven't eaten much today but I think I'll feel back to normal by tomorrow. However, I may not eat Mexican food for a while!
5 comments:
Oh Mindy... I cannot think of a more awful thing. Really. That is just AWFUL!
I always ONLY want to be home when I'm sick. And being on an airplane would be the worst. Just the worst.
Glad you're feeling better.
And that you survived.
And that the plane didn't crash.
Truly - I think that's the worst thing I've heard in a long time.
You poor thing. Bless your little heart.
(How much weight did you lose? Bwahhaaaahaaa!)
Oh you poor thing!!
Really, how much weight did you lose? LOL
That came on so quickly! I'm glad you are a healthy youngin'....
and old person may not have survived.
The whole thing sounds like a nightmare. Glad you are better!
Oh...my....I am soooooo sorry, dear Mindy. I hope it is all a distant memory now (-:
Thank the Lord for kind flight attendants and gingerale.
Take good care,
Diane
My dh got sick like this on our honeymoon. I'm glad you are feeling better but sorry you had to go through THAT.
Someday I'll post my "how I got hives, passed out in the aisle after I went to tell the attendant that I was OK now, was offerend assistance by an md who turned out to know *nothing* about Benedryl because he was a Beverly Hills shrink (so I told him my problems), had to leave the airplane in a wheelchair and went home later to meet my husband's new boss who turned out to be my seatmate in the hives portion of the story" story.
Well, actually, that is most of the story. My very favorite part was when the captain came back and asked if I wanted him to turn the plane around. I told him I would rather die.
Post a Comment