Friday, December 14, 2007
Popcorn balls
Here we are for the annual popcorn ball making party. I am typing this live as the event is unfolding. I'm hoping to give a flavor and taste (so to speak) of the event. Grandma Great is slaving over the hot stove trying to make sure that we don't cross over from "hard ball" to "soft crack." There is a fine line between ball and crack, as you well know.
Grandpa Great has his hands buttered and stands ready to mix and form when the moment arrives.
The kids (and mostly Grandpa Larry) are playing Christmas carols on the piano. He misses few notes but he adds great flourish and flair to the songs. You might ask him for a performance over in Seattle. He *might* be willing to perform. (He sings too-ask him about Do You Know What I Know)
The moment is approaching. The tension mounts. Will it be right? Will it be too hard or too soft? Here is comes. We have contact! Erica and GG stir like mad. Grandma Great is certain, as she is with EVERY single batch that *this* will be the batch that does not work. In the years we have been doing this, I have not know a batch to not work, but the tradition continues.
Verdict: THEY STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Great slideshow. I miss you!!!
I wish I didn't have to earn money so that I would not have had to work so that I could have been there... the end.
I love your slideshows!
Popcorn balls are one of my favorite Christmastime things, but I don't make them. My grandmother does.
I'm thinking we should give it a try...
Mind! Your life is so predictable and I am jealous! I love the popcorn blog, especially seeing all of those wonderful people in your life. And I love seeing your Chirstmas decorations on your mantle. Even if my life is absolutely unpredictable reading about yours brings me great comfort! Missing you sooooo much these days!
Bets
Nice slideshow :-) This is my first time to your blog. Looks great!
Post a Comment