Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School

Every Labor Day we attend a wonderful community event. The large park that is about 5 blocks from my parent's house has an outdoor symphony performance. It is one of my favorite events of the summer. There are all kinds of people there. There are "symphony people" who come early, bring their tables and wine and sit near the front. There are families galore who bring picnic blankets and cookies. There are teenagers with piercings. There are ladies in red hats playing cards around a card table. There are people that I went to high school with. It was a beautiful night last night and following a barbecue at my parent's house, we walked over to enjoy the show. We got to see good friends (good to see you, Cath) and some people we haven't seen for a long time. It was a perfect end to the summer.

And, today we start school. I'll have to wake the kids up and get started a little earlier than we have been getting around this summer. I have a little pile of new school supplies sitting at the breakfast table, which should prove to be exciting for the kids. (Yes, I'm raising a new generation of geeks who get excited by school supplies!) The assignment notebooks are ready to go. I love fall! I'll give a report on the first day of school later.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Good to see you too, friend.

LOVE ending the summer with the symphony in the park.

Crissy said...

"Yes, I'm raising a new generation of geeks who get excited by school supplies!"

Later in life this translates to being a geek who gets excited by office supplies. It's an epidemic in my family!

Crissy

Followers