Friday, September 01, 2006

A New Song turns 1 today!!!

Happy Blogiversary to me!!!!!

One year ago, I fearfully and shyly made my first blog entry. I didn't want to tell anyone about it. I was afraid I would fail. I wanted to have a "good blog" (whatever that means), I wanted my blog to be more like all of your blogs.

One year later, I find I don't care nearly as much. I don't care if I write every day. If I am not as spiritually deep, or funny, or creative, or brainy, or artsy or (fill in the blanks) as the rest of you, so be it. I am who I am. I think blogging helps a person become OK with this fact. It has for me. I like the relationships that develop through the blogging world. I like peeks into your inner thoughts and I like giving you peeks into mine.

Here are a few lessons I have learned over the year.....

  • Blogging makes me look for the art in things. I find myself thinking I wish I could capture that beautiful sunset so I could put it on my blog.
  • I have to think in order to blog. Honestly, thinking ain't one of my strong points. I prefer to make quick decisions, quick messages, quick tasks, easy reads, and fast food. :-) Blogging forces me to slow down and think.
  • Honestly, I'm out of lessons and I don't have time to think about it right now. :-) But, everyone knows you can't have just two bullets. There should be at least three, right?

Thanks for reading and commenting. Blog comments make my day!

5 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

Cathy said...

Oh - happy day!!! I love your blog - and I'm so glad you keep it so I can be 'in contact' without having to pick up the phone.

I know - I'm lame.

Happy Blogiversary!

Di said...

Happy blogiversary, Mindy! So glad you decided to jump in.

Diane

The Crib Chick said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Needleroozer said...

Yay! Happy Blogiversary!
LB

Followers