The game was everything I hoped it would be. It was truly exciting and it was so cool to be on the field. Here are some of my random thoughts about the big game.
- First of all, in all honest, I was closer to the Sea Gals than I was to the players. For much of the time I was about a foot in front of them. I think it was safe to assume that the whistles and catcalls were for them and not me. They had on hotpants and I had a huge plastic green "media vest." My greatest fear was that they would show a close-up of the rear ends of the Sea Gals and my rear end would be in the background. Not a pretty contrast!!
- Second of all, don't be deceived, ladies....they do have cellulite.
- I wonder why it is that the guy up in the stands feels the need to shout out "Wusey!!" to a professional football player who has just been brutally tackled by another large football player.
- It is so loud and the energy is so amazingly high down on the field I could hardly believe it!
- At one point in time I got swept up in a group of Sea Gals and camera men down in the endzone and there were fans hanging over the edge to give high fives to the Sea Gals and I reached up before I could stop myself and high fived a guy in the crowd. I then realized that it really wasn't me that they were hoping to greet, but for a moment, I was caught up in the crowd. :-)
- Crissy is just as awesome in real life as she is on the internet. (And, to all you doubters, she was not a creepy 50 year old man.) She is fun and worked like a busy beaver the whole game while I was out having fun.
- Crissy's boys are *so* cute and charming and now I claim Jeffrey more than ever for Annsley's future husband. (And, no, it has nothing to do with the fact that I would then be related to someone who could get me into the games!)
- Crissy's husband is awesome at what he does and it was almost as much fun to watch him work as it was to watch the game. He is obviously well loved by everyone from the big-whigs down to the security guards. It was fun to watch the magic!!
- Judging by the noises that are made when those players hit each other, I think it might hurt a little bit to play professional football.
- I saw the largest arms and thighs I have ever seen in my life!
- Press passes make you feel extremely important!
Thanks again, Crissy. This was an experience I'll never forget!!
3 comments:
That is SO cool... I'm so happy for you - and it sounds like SO much fun.
I am so glad you had a good time.
I am lauging out loud about you high-fiving the guy in the stands!
He probably though you were someone he should have recognized.
I'll certainly have to come over for training camp before they move back to the West side of the mountains. Hubby can work while the rest of us take in a practice session.
Pictures! I want pictures!
How fun, Mindy (-:
Diane
Post a Comment