Every year the retirement home where my grandma lives has a big neighborhood Halloween party. The residents all line up in chairs along the halls and pass out candy to the kids. There are lots of carnival games. It is a great event that allows children to get to interact with the elderly and vice-versa.Here is my dear grandma and her husband! I love that they live so close to us now. When I was growing up she lived on her farm about an hour and a half away.
Here is the ninja and the Renaissance princess!!

My beautiful mama, grandma and silly pirate brother eating a sucker.
I don't know this woman, but she made me smile, and for just a minute, want to be old.

Let the sorting and trading begin!! Don't you just remember the joy of coming home and doing this?


No comments:
Post a Comment