Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yesterday....

We went on a field trip to Eastern Washington University. I have a confession to make. Growing up in Spokane, I never had a very high opinion of EWU. It was an option for kids who didn't go away to WSU or U of W...or private schools. It somehow seemed lesser in my mind. But, the campus, which is about 30 minutes from Spokane is absolutely beautiful! The brick buildings and fall colors gave on a crisp sunny day seemed just perfect. We had this spunky enthusiastic student tour guide who completely sold me on Eastern. I found myself longing to go back to college and take advantage of all the great programs and student services. No cooking....no one to take care of but myself.....people planning fun activities for me to participate in.....studying......now, *that* was the life!

When I was going to college Eastern seemed WAY too close to home. Now that I am raising future college students.....Eastern sounds like a fantastic option!!

No comments:

Followers