Sunday, October 08, 2006

Loving fall..

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but it is officially fall here. Yesterday was a gorgeous fall day, sunny and crisp. Perfect for watching a soccer game! It just makes me happy to be out there with all those families. There are grandparents and parents and coaches holding babies. I have heard about how obnoxious youth sports parents can be, but I have seen nothing but families encouraging their kids. Perhaps it changes when they get older, but it is just wholesome good-ole'-fashion exercise and competition. Good for the body and the soul. Good to both win and lose. (Our team lost this week. :-)) But, they played well and their coach (Danny) was happy.

Today was cold, and I felt like turning on the fireplace and eating hearty soup and watching football. I did two out of three of those things. (I was upstairs so I didn't turn on the fire.) I turned in two assignments this weekend, which always feel great. Each course only has 3-4 assignments, so that is like turning in a third of the work. I'm always relieved when they are in!

Not too much to say. Just checking in. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Laney said...

Yep, it's fall here, too. The only difference is we are going to the beach instead of football games.:-)

I really liked your marriage post, very insightful.

Di said...

Loving fall right along with you, Mindy.

Diane

Followers