Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tuesday Ten

1. Today at school we will be taking the high school students on a field trip to Eastern Washington University. We have good kids, so I'm sure it will be a fun morning.

2. My baby turns EIGHT in five days. I need to get a present for him!

3. My dad is in Russia (Archangel is in the northwest near the Arctic ocean) right now, helping to start a new institute to train pastors in that region. This is probably the 10th time he has been to different parts of Russia for this purpose.

4. Yesterday afternoon I went and stripped wallpaper with my mom. She is trying to get my dad's office redone while he is gone. There is something very satisfying about stripping wall paper. The kids helped too, and we all loved it when a BIG chunk came off at the same time.

5. I made pumpkin rolls on Monday and they are yummy!! They don't taste very pumpkin-y, but they are delicious.

6. I took homemade chicken noodle soup (and pumpkin rolls) to both my mother and my mother-in-law on Monday because they were both sick. Isn't it funny how good chicken noodle soup tastes when you are sick?

7. The tooth fairy has been to our house twice (once for each kid) this week. She managed to show up (on time) both times!! My daughter can not seem to keep a tooth in her head. She is 9, and she has lost 16 teeth. I didn't even know kids lost that many. She lost her first 2nd molar.

8. I wish I could think of something really witty to post right about now.

9. I read many of your blogs and you tell funny stories about when you were growing up. Why is it that I can not remember one interesting story about my childhood? NOT ONE! Either I have a bad memory or I had an extremely boring childhood. Odds are heavily in favor of the former.

10. Thought for the day from Our Daily Bread: There are no shortcuts to spiritual maturity. Oh, but don't you wish there were? Read Philippians 3:7-14 today.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 3:13b-14)

No comments:

Followers