Perhaps you remember that on Tuesday afternoons Annsley and Seth go to one of the grandparents. (Then the next week they switch.) In today's post I want to honor my parents and in-laws. When I dropped Seth off at my parents my Dad had taped a little scorecard on the door of ten Olympic events that he had set up for them to do together. They included a round of croquet, backyard golf, holding their breath in the hot tub, foos ball, etc...How many Grandpas would go to all that effort to entertain a seven year old? Seth loved it (especially because he "won" 8 of the events.) Then I went to pick up Annsley and she had her piano lesson with my mom-in-law. Next they worked on their sewing project that they have been working on together (a home made doll and accessories.)
We constantly remind our kids how blessed they are to have grandparents who not only love them and want to spend time with them, but also invest their time and energies to teach them and support them. Last Saturday morning, in the freezing rain, Seth had four grandparents standing with blankets and umbrellas to cheer him on in his soccer game. They use every opportunity to teach them about God as well.
Believe me when I tell you that I am taking notes on how to be a grandmother some day. I know that most people don't have even one set of parents who are able to do this, and it is something I never take for granted. Not even for one minute!!! Not even for one second!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment