Annsley received an invitation in the mail the other day for a date! At age 9!! The gentleman was very proper and asked her in a polite, formal way. When she read the invitation her eyes sparkled and danced with excitement. This event was a dinner and a dance. The event was sponsored by our church, so I felt that it was an acceptable venue for a first date. Of course, I wanted to know all kinds of information about the young man who asked her. It turns out, he is a God loving person, really loves his family, a boy of character, a hard worker, and a very fun guy. I told her I thought it would be fine if she accepted the invitation. So, she immediately called him. Normally, I would frown on Annsley calling a boy, but I made an exception in this case.
"Hello, this is Annsley."
(the other side of the phone.) "Hello"
"I'm just calling to tell you that I would be happy to accept your invitation."
(words that I couldn't hear)
"So, you'll pick me up on Thursday at 5:45?"
(insert other small talk here)
"Goodbye, Daddy. I love you too!"
I told her that she couldn't have chosen a better first date. They had a fun time doing the chicken dance, the Scottish polka, the Limbo, and many others. It is hard to imagine that someday in the not too distant future some other guy will be calling to ask her out. Let me just tell you that I won't be so easy in giving my permission!

4 comments:
Oh, Mindy. That makes me cry.
How very sweet.
Crissy
Boy, you had me going there for a minute, Mindy. What a great memory, and I love the dancing picture. Daddy is just the best date in the world.
Have a great week,
Diane
So sweet. I can't believe Danny danced. That makes it even more precious...
Aww....that is so sweet. ::Sniff::...you're making me tear up!
Post a Comment