Friday, April 07, 2006

Update from Boston...





This morning we drove down the Maine coast and saw the Atlantic Ocean. We can now say we have been in all four corners of the United States. There were some quaint villages that I'm sure would be packed at a warmer time of the year, but were pretty deserted today.

We then hopped over to Boston, parked our car at a subway station and rode to the beginning of The Freedom Trail. This is a 2 mile historic loop that weaves you through Boston and it is so interesting how the old and new building co-exist right next to each other. You will be looking up at a modern skyscraper and then walk right by the Old North Church (famous from the Paul Revere story where they hung the lanterns so Revere could send out the message, "The British are coming.")




















One of my favorite parts of The Trail are the old (REALLY old) cemeteries. I included a couple of pictures because I think they are so cool! We saw John Hancock, Samuel Adams and Paul Revere's graves.
I ate Lobster Bisque at Fanuel Hall (a famous meeting place of the Revolutionary heroes.) I was bound and determined to have lobster in some form before leaving New England. It was delicious!!! It sprinkled on us, but I was so thankful that it was warm and not freezing. I was really worried that we would freeze on today, but the temperature was great!

Now, I am sitting in front of a swimming pool in our hotel while blogging. You gotta love modern technology!! Danny is taking a nap, because he is getting a cold and needs a rest.

2 comments:

Laney said...

Hey, you! Still touring? Thant's great!!

I have been to Boston a number of times but the most memorable was when I went to visit a dear friend of mine from high school who was at MIT. He is very smart, LOL, I am not!

The library was my favorite part!

Have fun and be safe!:-)

Needleroozer said...

Wow! You guys are seeing so very much out there! It has been very fun to see your pics and hear your descriptions, both of places we have and haven't been. So glad you are having such a fun and safe trip!
Thanks for your thoughts. We are alive and grateful to be so!
LB

Followers